The following terms and conditions apply to the DollarDealers Purchase Protection Plan.
You may have rights to a remedy from DollarDealers under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (CGA). If you do have those rights, we will honour them. So check below before you agree to this warranty.
Please remember that the goods you are buying are second hand. So any rights you may have relate to the state of the product when you bought it from us, not to a new product.
Your type and term of cover will be displayed on your till receipt, please make sure this is correct before leaving the store. All Purchase Protection Plans must be purchased at the original time of sale and purchase of an item(s). Each item requires it's own separate Purchase Protection Plan.
Providing no claim has been made, you have 5 working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) after you have received a copy of this agreement to cancel the DollarDealers Purchase Protection Plan if you change your mind and decide that it does not suit your current needs. During that time, you may cancel this Purchase Protection Plan without having to give us any reason by going into the store location it was purchased for a refund of your PPP payment, or by providing notice to us via email or a letter posted to the contact details in the footer in page of this contract. Note: you cannot cancel your agreement to actually buy the product unless the Consumer Guarantees Act applies. You may also cancel your Purchase Protection Plan if we have failed to comply with our disclosure obligations under the Fair Trading Act 1986. If you do decide to cancel due to our not meeting our disclosure obligations you will be entitled to a full refund of the item(s) purchase price.
You must tell us about your product defect as soon as you know about it. We do not have to provide warranty if you delay beyond a reasonable time.
Your rights and remedies under the DollarDealers Purchase Protection Plan (PPP) does not affect the rights you may have in respect of secondhand goods under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (CGA).
Under the CGA, all consumer products must:
• be of acceptable quality taking into account the nature of the product, the price, what we have told you about it and the circumstances of the supplier (including that the goods are second hand);
• be free from minor defects, but not if they’ve been brought to your attention before you agreed to buy them
• be reasonably fit for their usual purpose or any other purpose we’ve told you about
• match a description, sample or model shown to you
• have good legal title, e.g. be able to be resold by you
• be a reasonable price if no price is set or marked (but we will agree the price with you so this will not apply)
• if we deliver them, arrive on time (within a reasonable time if not agreed) and in good condition
• have spare parts and repair facilities available from manufacturer. However this does not apply if you are told about limited availability before you buy. You can make this claim only against the manufacturer. We cannot guarantee to you the availability of spare parts or repair facilities.
Your remedies under the CGA: If a problem is a minor one we can remedy the breach of CGA guarantee at no charge. We can choose to repair or replace the goods or give you a refund. If the problem is major, you can return the goods and ask for a refund. You may be able to recover any costs reasonably foreseeable as being liable to result from the breach of CGA guarantee.
Consumer Guarantees Act remedies do not apply to normal wear and tear, accidental damage, or age-related problems which occur to secondhand products after a reasonable time, such as obsolete software. They do not apply to problems we have pointed out to you before you bought the product.
If your product’s specific problem doesn’t come under the CGA and we didn’t point the problem out before you bought the product, this Purchase Protection Plan will provide labour and replacement parts necessary to enable you to continue to get value out of your purchase. If service is needed because of product failure during normal usage, DollarDealers can choose to repair the product or replace your product with a product of similar kind and quality. A replacement part may be new or reconditioned of similar kind and quality. If the replacement product’s retail price is less than the price you paid when the original product was purchased, we won’t give you a refund based on the replacement product cost difference – we are obliged to give you a product that does the same as what you originally paid for. If we can’t repair the problem, we will refund the purchase price.
If we replace your product in its entirety with a product of similar kind and quality, we will have met our obligations to you under the PPP, which will then be at an end, within a 120-day period starting the day after the day that you bought the goods.
We understand that all customers’ circumstances are different and can change. Providing no claim has been made, you have 5 working days after you received a copy of this agreement to cancel if you change your mind and decide that the DollarDealers Purchase Protection Plan does not suit your current needs. During that time, you may cancel this Purchase Protection Plan without having to give us a reason by going into the store location it was purchased for a refund of your PPP payment, or by providing notice to us via email or a letter posted to the contact details in the footer in page of this contract. You may also cancel your Purchase Protection Plan if we have failed to comply with our disclosure obligations under the Fair Trading Act 1986. Note: you cannot cancel your agreement to buy the product.
This PPP will not apply to, and is not suitable for, business or trade customers. You will not have any rights under this Purchase Protection Plan where you have resold the product, or where you have purchased the product for trade, professional or commercial use, in which case the Consumer Guarantees Act will not apply either.
Henderson (2006) Limited t/a DollarDealers
Postal address: PO Box 31896, Milford, Auckland
Physical address: 16 Woodson Place, Glenfield, North Shore, Auckland
Firstly, check the Manufacturer’s product manuals and instructions as this will help you to sort out problems and possibly to remedy them. If that doesn’t work, contact us. You will need your till receipt and sale number to lodge a claim via email or letter correspondence. You will need your till receipt and sale number to lodge a claim at the store location from which you the Purchase Protection Plan was purchased.
Please note that you are responsible for backing up all software and data at all times, and especially when you bring any electronic product in for repair.
IF YOUR PRODUCT NEEDS REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT, YOU WILL NEED TO RETURN IT TO THE LOCATION FROM WHICH IT WAS PURCHASED AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE unless the Consumer Guarantees Act applies. If you cannot return it to the location it was purchased from, please phone us. You may need to pay any additional delivery costs in that case.
If you lodge a claim under the Purchase Protection Plan, DollarDealers can choose to:
• Repair the covered item to the original working order or condition it was in when purchased from DollarDealers (except for normal wear and tear and age-related battery problems);
• Replace the item with an equivalent product. Due to technological advances the replacement product may be a later version or edition of your current covered item. This could result in a replacement product with a lower value or resale price. If the item is not repairable or replaceable then, unless the Consumer Guarantees Act applies (in which case we will give you a refund) we will provide you with an instore credit note.
DOLLARDEALERS WILL NOT PROVIDE CASH REFUNDS FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THE PURCHASE PROTECTION PLAN.
If we replace the product in its entirety with a product of similar kind, function and quality, we have met our maximum liability and obligations under the Purchase Protection Plan contract and your rights under the plan will have been completed. You may still have rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act for your replacement product.
We try at all times to provide a prompt and professional claims service, however sometimes there are factors outside our control such as manufacturer delay in parts supply or delays in our repairer network’s existing work schedule. We value your feedback and should you have any concerns regarding our service please contact DollarDealers (details above).
The DollarDealers Purchase Protection Plan applies only to the person who paid for it. You cannot transfer it with the product if you sell or gift the product to someone else even if they are your friends or family. The DollarDealers Purchase Protection Plan will only be honoured to the original purchaser of the product within the 120-day period from the day on which the contract is dated.
This Purchase Protection Plan does not cover any loss or damage resulting from:
Pre-existing conditions (means a condition that within all reasonable mechanical probability relates to the mechanical fitness of your covered merchandise prior to contract issuance) where we have told you about them. Note in writing existing problems if any:
• Improper installation by you or your agent of components or peripherals (including in the case of car audio, non-professional installation)
• Unauthorised repairs or modifications you have made
• Improper use of electrical/power supply. This includes use of non-standard parts or cables
• Electrical damage or loss of power
• Dropped product
• Breakage through collision with another object
• Any result of a malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s instructions including recommended maintenance
• Transportation damage where you arrange the delivery
• Damage to cabinetry; attachments; theft, abuse, misuse, neglect, vandalism, animal or insect damage, or environmental conditions (fire, floods, corrosion, sand, dirt, windstorm, hail, earthquake, or exposure to weather conditions)
• Software and software related problems where you have failed to properly update software or follow manufacturer’s recommended procedures
• Reception and transmission problems resulting from external causes
• The covered item has been modified or is operating outside of its intended use.
Other exclusions include but are not limited to:
• any repair which is still covered by a manufacturer’s warranty; recall or rework, regardless of the manufacturer’s ability to pay for such repairs
• Covered products where you have removed, defaced or altered serial numbers
• Replacement of consumables such as filters, batteries, toner, ribbons, drums, developer, or ink cartridges
• Problems caused by removal and reinstallation of an internal component not performed by a factory authorised service centre
• Cables, cords, wiring, and connectors; damage, warping or rusting of any kind in the housing, case or frame of the covered product or any non-operating part, including plastic or decorative parts.
• Loss of data or for loss of use during the period the covered product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts.
You are responsible for backing up all software and data before you bring your product for repair, because your product may be replaced, rebooted or reset.
If your covered product experiences a defect or damage that is excluded from coverage under this section. If no covered defect or damage is found, then we may charge you for repair costs including the cost of on-site service. We will do our best to advise you in advance of any relevant issues.
Except where the Consumer Guarantees Act may apply, under no circumstances shall DollarDealers be liable for indirect, consequential, or incidental damages (including damages for lost profits, business interruption, loss of data, and the like), even if any party has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The Consumer Guarantees Act will not apply if the product was acquired for the purposes of a business or for trade. This PPP will not cover any defects that are subject to a manufacturer’s recall and reimbursement: the manufacturer will address this directly.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or write to PO Box 31896, Milford, Auckland.